None of the following conditions shall affect the Buyer’s statutory rights as a consumer.
- ThinLenes must receive full payment for all the goods that the Buyer has ordered prior to an order being accepted. Once payment has been received, we will confirm that the Buyer’s order has been accepted by email using the email address provided in the order form by the Buyer. Our acceptance of the order brings into existence a legally binding contract between the Buyer and ThinLenses.
- The Buyer must be over the age of 16 to order from ThinLenses, and must not be registered blind, or partially sighted, or be ordering on behalf of someone under 16 years of age.
- The Buyer must provide ThinLenses with details of the relevant prescription that is to be applied to the spectacles. All prescriptions provided to ThinLenses must have been given to the Buyer by a registered medical practitioner or registered ophthalmic optician following a sight test within the last 2 years.
- The Buyer is responsible for entering their prescription correctly when placing and order. Where possible we advise the buyer to upload a copy of their prescription for ThinLenses to check all details are correct.
- We will use an appropriate average pupillary distance ‘PD’ of 63mm for single vision reading, distance and bifocal lenses to complete your order, unless advised otherwise by the Buyer. If you are unsure about obtaining your ‘PD’ then we recommend that you consult your optician before placing your order. We make every effort to ensure that all images and descriptions of goods on our website are correct at the time they are uploaded. Whilst we will attempt to ensure that there are no changes to the goods to be supplied, it is possible that there might be some minor variations to the description and/or specification of the goods which arise by virtue of changes made by the manufacturers of the parts supplied which form part of the goods.
- Goods are sold on the condition that they are not to be resold by the Buyer. All items are subject to availability.
- The Buyer shall have the right to return the goods to ThinLenses within a period of 7 days after receipt of the same goods. The goods must be totally undamaged and in a totally unmarked condition. Refunds will only be made for the goods that we have supplied and once we have received the returned goods. Refunds will not be made for any other items or services supplied. This return policy will not apply if the Buyer has been specifically informed that a return is not permitted. This return policy will only apply once – repeat returns are not permitted. Costs and risks in relation to the returned goods are the responsibility of the Buyer. When returning goods the Buyer will be liable for all the shipping costs incurred, both incoming and outgoing.
- The lenses supplied by ThinLenses will be made according to the prescription that the Buyer has submitted. The Buyer is responsible for providing us with accurate prescription details. ThinLenses shall not be liable for any loss or damage that the Buyer may suffer as a result of providing inaccurate prescription details. We cannot accept returns for any prescriptions that have been entered incorrectly.
- If the goods we deliver are damaged or defective, we shall have no liability, unless the Buyer notifies us in writing of the problem within 7 working days of the delivery of the goods in question.
- We shall have no liability to the Buyer for any failure to deliver goods ordered, or any delay in doing so, or for any damage or defect to the goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
- In the unlikely event that ThinLenses causes any physical damage to the Buyer’s property through negligence, the maximum liability we will compensate the Buyer for will not in any circumstances exceed £100.
- For all other cases, ThinLenses’s total liability whether in contract, tort (including negligence) and breach of statutory duty or otherwise will not exceed the price of the goods and services to which the claim relates.
- Under no circumstances will ThinLenses be liable to the Buyer for any business interruption, loss of use, loss of data, loss of profits, contracts, goodwill or anticipated savings.
- We will make every effort to return your glasses in the same condition in which they were received, however there may be a slight risk of damage to the frame during the reglazing process. Reglazing is carried out at the owners’ risk and ThinLenses is not liable for any loss of or damage caused to the customer’s frame.
- Before sending us your frame, please inspect it to ensure that it is in a reasonable condition. Upon inspection of the frame ThinLenses reserves the right to refuse to reglaze a frame if it is deemed that the frame is not in a satisfactory condition.
- Please note that for International Orders, when shipping your frame to our lab in the UK, it may be subject to import duties and/or additional taxes or expenses. The Buyer will be responsible for payment of any such duties and/or taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount.
- Please print off a copy of your order confirmation and send it your frame along with your frame to our glazing lab.
- The goods will only be delivered to the address supplied on the order form by the Buyer.
- We will endeavour to deliver the goods ordered within 10-12 working days of us accepting your order. However, this is not always possible for certain complex prescriptions. Our optical team will determine whether a prescription is complex or not. Their decision will be final and binding. The maximum time required for delivering a complex prescription is 28 days.
- The buyer must notify ThinLenses if the goods ordered are not received within 28 days of placing the order. We shall have no liability to the Buyer unless we are notified in writing of the problem within 40 days of the date on which the order was placed. If you notify a problem to us under this condition, our only obligation will be, at your option, a) to make good any shortage or non-delivery, b) to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or c) to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question.
- If for any reason (not due to our fault) you do not accept delivery of any of the goods in accordance with this paragraph then we may charge you an additional fee to cover any reasonable additional direct costs incurred by us as a result (including additional insurance, delivery, storage or similar charges).
- Please note that for international shipping, cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities. Your delivery may be subject to import duties and/or additional taxes or expenses. The Buyer will be responsible for payment of any such duties and/or taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount.
- The Buyer will become the owner of the goods once they have been delivered. Once goods have been delivered they will be held at the Buyer’s own risk and ThinLenses will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
Pricing and Payment
- The Buyer will not own the goods until ThinLenses is paid for the goods and no other amounts are outstanding from the Buyer to ThinLenses in respect of other goods supplied by ThinLenses.
- The prices payable for goods that the Buyer orders are as stated on our website. These prices are inclusive of VAT and the final price stated includes delivery charges.
- ThinLenses will only accept payment by Credit or Debit Card or PayPal.
Security Policy & Privacy Statement
Please note that Cookies do not keep the Buyer’s credit card details and that these have to be entered every time for security purposes. Our site uses an order form for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect contact information (like their email address), financial information (like their account or credit card numbers), and demographic information (like their post code). Contact information from the order forms is used to ship purchases. The customer’s contact information is also used to get in touch with the visitor when necessary. Financial information that is collected is used to bill the Buyer for products and services. If the Buyer has opted to join our mailing list this is used to send them information regarding our products, we may from time to time offer our mailing list to carefully selected third parties. If the Buyer does not wish their email to be used by third parties, then please email [email protected] stating their email address.